Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Product Review ~Dove Night Lotion~ (+ Free Samples!)

I'm sure that reviews are supposed to be somewhat unbiased, but let's face it, who doesn't love Dove? I think most of us own at least one Dove product, and Dove loyalists are the type who buy their certain product(s) over and over again. In fact, other than perhaps liking another product a bit more, I haven't actually stumbled across any anti-Dove reviews on the web. Good for you!

The specific product that I'd like to praise today is Dove's Regenerationg Night Lotion (or Calming Night Lotion, depending where you look, though it appears that they're the same thing).

I received this lotion at first through Dove's Offers program, where you can sign up and have samples of their new Shampoos, Conditioners, Deodorants, Body Washes, or Lotions sent to you to try for absolutely free. Previously, I have received samples of their Energy Glow Daily Moisturizer, and I ended up purchasing a full-size bottle before the sample had even run out. So I was very excited to receive my new one in the mail. (Yes, they do take approximately forever to arrive (8 to 12 weeks) but that's kind of even better... when they come you've already forgotten requesting them, and then, surprise! A tiny present along with your fearsome bills.)

At first I was hesitant. I was sent a lotion and a bodywash (suggested for night showers, to relax before bed) and I am not the type who enjoys lavenderish, incense-y, typical relaxing scents. I was assauged by the descriptiong: "soothing honey & micro-pearls of shea butter." That seemed underwhelming enough. I did, as prescribed, attempt this product in the evening. Let me say? That I love the scent. I'm not great at describing scents like the infamous Annie of Blogdorf Goodman, or Kristen of Beauty Addict (I am so envious!), but it is soothing without being overpowering. When you're caught sniffing the back of your hands at 1AM, you know you've got a winner. (And that you're a hopeless night owl with an addiction to new beauty regimes, whatever.)

The result is not greasy, but it lingers gently on your hands like a veil, and it keeps them moist for awhile. It isn't thick and smothering, like some lotions that I employ, but I suppose it doesn't particularly matter if you're about to fall asleep; in fact it might be better that it doesn't get all over your bedding. I find the process of applying this to my hands a very soothing new routine, and I keep the sample at my bedside. I don't know if my hands are especially revitalized when I wake, as the product claims, but I always prefer my morning hands (and lips) when they've been moisturized the night prior, and I certainly prefer this scent and experience to many I've been through. When I finally deplete the sample, I daresay I will be throwing a regular-sized tube into my cart the next time I visit CVS.

As for the body wash? Well, I'm saving it. Some nights you really just need a long, especially relaxing shower or bath, and since the sample's just big enough for one shower, I'm going to wait. But I'll let you know!

I just want to sincerely thank Dove for their Offers program and to encourage them to keep it up. I have personally begun buying their products specifically because I have tried them previously through mail samples, so I can vouch for the success of this endeavor. Or else I am just incredibly suggestible. Whichever. Thank you, Dove!

For your own free Dove samples, click here and fill out a brief form with your information! It's worth it, I promise.

No comments: