Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Love is Respect

I was browsing the Liz Claiborne site to snag a picture of the shirt I just bought, hoping to get some feedback from you guys, and though I haven't yet been able to find a picture of it on these vast and mighty internets, I found something even better - a charity shirt. I love it when big brands use their name to promote good causes. Liz Claiborne is doing their part to prevent domestic violence with the shown
"Love is Respect" Jersey Knit Tee.

I wish the second image were a little more staged -- don't you just want to reach into the photo and jerk down that wrinkle in the back?? It's bugging me like a dripping faucet, but I guess I'll tolerate it for awhile since, you know, it's for a good cause and all.

I actually can't find ready information on this shirt or the cause on the website (boo!) but the shirt's selling for $29. I love the shirt not only for its message, but because it looks so cute and comfy. Usually I wouldn't spend $30 for a jersey tee, but since I'm deducing that some unnamed percentage is going to end domestic violence, the price tag is summarily justified.

Despite the lack of information on this tee's page, the shirt that I bought which led me to this happens to carry the following message on the tag:

Since 1991, Liz Claiborne Inc. has been working to end domestic violence. Visit www.loveisnotabuse.com or call The National Domestic Hotline at
1-800-799-SAFE.


If you purchase a shirt (and you should!) drop a comment and be sure to let me know so I can award you proper kudos. In fact, since this is such an essential message for every relationship, I'll do better than kudos -- if you purchase a shirt and leave a comment, I'll throw in a link to your website in a special upcoming Thank You post -- how about that? Honor system. Sizes S, M, L, and XL.

No comments: