Monday, July 20, 2009

My New Favorite Beauty Tool

I have discovered a new favorite beauty tool, and I just have to share it with you. Ready to Wear's Lash Extension is the best product I have ever used to define and elongate my eyelashes. I started out on a quest to expand my mascara proclivity past Maybelline's Great Lash Mascara, which resulted in the trial and review of both Global Goddess and IMAN mascaras (neither of which were worth my time). The next stop on my journey was R2W's Lash Extension. And let me tell you, third time's a charm.

Now, despite my 10-year inability to break my one-mascara-brand habit, I do have quite a bit of experience with lash extenders and falsies (as well as other eye-widening makeup tricks) from my theatre days. I dare say that if you've been wearing false eyelashes for a night out, you can quit right now if you go get Lash Extension, which creates the same full, dark effect--except that it is easier to apply and looks much more natural.

The product is not a gel or mascara. It's actually a tube of teeny-tiny little dry fibers that cling to wet mascara and thicken your eyelashes. If you follow instructions (one coat of mascara on your lashes, add the fibers, one coat of mascara to seal them in place), they do an amazing job of making it look like you were born with eyelashes that Liza Minnelli would envy. Here are some before and after pics from HSN:





The only thing you have to be wary of is making a mess with the fibers. The package actually comes with instruction for clean-up, but I found it pretty easy to remove stray fibers from the tops of my cheeks where they landed. The ones I wore on my eyes came off along with the mascara thanks to my other recent discovery, Talika Lash Conditioning Cleanser. With some practice, using the R2W Lash Extensions should be a piece of cake. And you, too, can be enjoying gorgeous, lush eyelashes that your friends will envy and men will notice.



No comments: