Friday, July 10, 2009

The Top Tunic Dress (TTD) by Roland Mouret

I'll be the first to admit that I never swooned over the Galaxy dress. My fascination with Roland Mouret has been limited to his sudden explosion onto the scene, his brooding eyes and that thick, charming accent. But now my interest is definitely piqued over Mouret's new TTD garment. More and more, designers plunge into the future by creating versatile garments that can be modified, recycled and reimagined with time. It's evident that fashion houses must consider the economically minded consumer in coming years, and speaking as one of them, I must say that a very versatile garment (or three pieces, really) speaks more to me than does a simple dress than can be worn one way to a limited number of occasions. Learn more about the TTD in the latest Notes Weekly at Net-a-Porter.com, and be sure to let me know what you think!

No comments: