Sunday, May 01, 2011

Comparing Jewelry Boxes

About five years ago, I got my first grown-up jewelry box from my mother:


Now, it's pretty much overflowing and I have two separate jewelry boxes on the side. But I realized that I still have absolutely nowhere to keep my new huge ring, so I feel like it's about time I graduated to a larger and more organized jewelry box.

One kind that I'll always covet (because my grandmother had one that seemed like a veritable treasure chest to me when I was growing up) is the freestanding jewelry box:


This might not fit into my current lifestyle of NYC dwelling, where furniture is best kept minimal. Another option is the large, but still tabletop, variety:


A third idea is having more of my jewelry hanging or on display, so that the rest can be stored in a smaller box:


What kind of jewelry storage do you find elegant and functional?

No comments: