Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Custom Sandals - Morgan Miller Shoes

I'm pleased to share with you Morgan Miller Shoes, a site where you can create great sandals with your choice of sole, strap material, and even hardware!

You also pick the size and width; you're in control. In the store, shoes are actually fitted to you by a cobbler once you've selected your custom look. These shoes have been rising in popularity, especially for women with specialty needs or those who demand to have the hottest shoes on the market, the shoes that no other fashionista can lay claim to. You're sure to get many compliments, and when asked about their origin you can say, "I designed them!" Well-known brands such as Steve Madden and Puma acknowledge that custome shoes are the future of consumer demand and offer options on their site, but only at Morgan Miller do you get your shoes made in an hour and handed to you on a silver platter - literally!

Why am I so proud of this nifty idea? Because this newsworthy little on-the-go bespoke shop is based in South Florida's Aventura Mall, Bard's own home area. I can't wait to go and check it out on my next trip, but if like me you're too far to wander in and get yourself personalized shoes - ready in an hour - you can visit the website and order them. Unlike Steve Madden or Puma, you can get them delivered overnight. I had a lot of fun creating the design shown here, mixing and matching fabrics and colors and heels. (Don't worry, I don't mind if you borrow the look.) Can you believe I don't own any animal print shoes yet? How happy would I be to add this to my summer collection?

According to a recent article in the Sun-Sentinel, the store even hosts shoe parties for "customers who want to share the experience." What a great idea! Champagne, shoes, exclusivity... who's in for my next birthday? Customers get to walk away from these private events with bragging rights - and the best party favor of all, new shoes. At the store, belts and handbags are available for customization as well but they take a few weeks to produce and deliver, unlike the "instant gratification" you can gain from having the shoes designed while you wait (or available for overnight shipping online).

The best part? Ms. Miller is living her dream and creating a new way to shop for shoes at the ripe age of 25 years. I have to applaud and admire a girl with that kind of vision, ambition, and success.

Prices range from $99-$350, making them today's Deal of the Day over at Style Bard Shoes.

No comments: