Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Halfway Mark, NaNoWriMo Writers!

If you're writing a novel this month (sure, let's just be so cavalier about it! It's like making toast!) then November 15th was our official halfway point so congratulations to all of us!

I'm not at 25,000 words yet, but I know I'll get back on track. And if you're behind, don't worry! Don't let it keep you from finishing your novel! You can still pull up and win this ink-and-coffee-fueled race. We've made it this far and we have two weekends left to go.

When I'm looking for inspiration, I want to gaze upon something beautiful. Some would turn to a small child smiling, a puppy or the sunrise. I look to fashion. So for inspiration to push through and chase down those last elusive 25,000 words, here's this:




I want to write a character who would wear this dress, and have somewhere to wear it. Doesn't work in this year's story, but maybe next year. Sigh. Just drink in this drool-worthy to-die-for gown. It's worth at least 1,000 of those missing 25K words, if we're to believe the saying! No... this does not mean you only have to write 49,000 words. Now quit stalling and get back to work!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

that dress is really beautiful!

Jess said...

I agree - such gorgeous draping...